The .ASN.AU second-level-domain is for non-commercial organisations. To be eligible for a .COM.AU domain name, registrants must be:
- An association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory; or
- A political party registered with the Australian Electoral Commission; or
- A trade union or other organisation registered under the Workplace Relations Act 1996; or
- A sporting or special interest club operating in Australia; or
- A charity operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant’s constitution or other documents of incorporation; or
- A non-profit organisation operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant’s constitution or other documents of incorporation.
Domain names in the .ASN.AU second-level-domain must be:
- An exact match, abbreviation or acronym of the registrant’s name; or
- Otherwise closely and substantially connected to the registrant.