The .NET.AU and .COM.AU second-level domains are for commercial purposes. To be eligible for a .NET.AU or .COM.AU domain name, registrants must be:
- An Australian registered company; or
- Trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory; or
- An Australian partnership or sole trader; or
- A foreign company licensed to trade in Australia; or
- An owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- An applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- An association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory; or
- An Australian commercial statutory body.
Domain names must be:
- An exact match, abbreviation or acronym of the registrant’s name or trademark; or
- Otherwise closely and substantially connected to the registrant*
* In com.au and net.au, the categories of close and substantial connection are: a) a product that the registrant manufactures or sells; or b) a service that the registrant provides; or c) an event that the registrant organizes or sponsors; or d) an activity that the registrant facilitates, teaches or trains; or e) a venue that the registrant operates; or f) a profession that the registrant's employees practice.
Please sign in to leave a comment.