Owning a third level .NAME gives you both an email address and a domain name. The .NAME Registry has reserved the right to restrict the Email Forwarding service to operate under the following restrictions:
- The maximum number of messages in the email-forwarding queue from one user at a time will be limited to 500, after which the .NAME Registry will reserve the right to bounce messages to the specific user.
- The .NAME Registry reserves the right to bounce messages if the total email-forwarding queue for one user reaches a size of 50 MB.
- The .NAME Registry reserves the right to stop the forwarding of messages that are larger than 20 MB in size.
- The .NAME Registry reserves the right to block users that receive more than 3000 emails in any 24-hour period.
- The .NAME Registry reserves the right to rate control the number of emails received and the quantity of email forwarded by the Email Forwarding service in order to maintain a stable, secure and reliable service.
If you register a second level .NAME domain, its DNS is fully delegated and you are able to create any email addresses for that second level domain through your web hosting company. Email is not restricted by the registry for second level .NAME domains.
Please sign in to leave a comment.