Premium domains are flagged as such by the registry because it is a high demand name that is likely already registered but is available for purchase on the domain name aftermarket. These premium domains costs more because it is listed for sale by a private seller and vetted by industry experts to ensure its value. Once registered, your premium domain acts as a normal domain registration with regards to management and annual renewal fees.
Premium domains are valuable for the following reasons:
- They contain generic terminology and keywords
- They are short and easy to remember
- They are of interest to a wide selection of prospective customers or businesses
- They support SEO and SEM strategies
- They support brand & marketing strategies